Last Updated: April 9, 2021
WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- Identifiers, which may include name, address, telephone number, or email address. These are sourced directly from you or from our Clients. They are used to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to contact you in relation to our Site, to respond to an inquiry, for product and service improvement, or to screen for potential risk or fraud. For example, when you contact us, you may provide your first and last name, email address, telephone number, and other identifying information.
- Personal information categories contained in customer records, which may include name, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other payment and financial information. We source this information directly from you. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to contact you in relation to our Site, to respond to an inquiry, to screen for potential risk or fraud, to provide the products and services that you have ordered or requested, to provide customer service, or marketing. For example, we need your payment information when you purchase services from us.
- Commercial information, which may include records of services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. We source this information directly from you. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to contact you in relation to our Site, to screen for potential risk or fraud, and to respond to an inquiry or process an order. For example, we keep track of the services you have obtained.
- Internet, technical or other similar network activity, which may include usage and browsing history; device information, including device properties; search history; information on your interaction with our Site; and error logs. We source this information directly or indirectly from you (e.g., from observing your actions on our Site). We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to screen for potential risk or fraud, or to improve our services and Site. Please see the “Do We Use ‘Cookies’?” section below for more information.
- Inferences drawn from other personally identifiable information, which may include a profile reflecting a person’s preferences, interests, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. We source this information directly or indirectly from you, (e.g., from observing your actions on our Site). We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information or to improve our services.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect information in the following ways:
- Directly from you when you enter information on our Site. For example, if you’d like to schedule a demo, you provide your first name, last name, email, and phone number.
- Indirectly from you when you visit our Site. For example, our Site collects information through cookies when you visit our Site. Please see the “Do We Use ‘Cookies’?” section below for more information.
- From our Clients in order for us to act as their service provider. For example, in order to help our Clients manage their supporters, Clients will provide support data to Speak4. The information that Clients provide may include End User name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- From service providers. For example, we may use service providers who retrieve publicly available information about you and we may combine it with personally identifiable information we have about you.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register or use certain Site features in the following ways:
- To send information to lawmakers at your request.
- To send text messages and phone calls.
- To personalize the Site and to allow us to deliver the type of content, services, and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our services and Site in order to better serve you.
- To provide services to our Clients.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions or respond to an inquiry.
- To send periodic emails or marketing materials regarding our products and services.
- For advertising and marketing purposes.
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
- To notify you about changes to our service or Site.
HOW DO WE PROTECT VISITOR INFORMATION?
The security of your information is very important to us and we will only collect personally identifiable information to the extent deemed reasonably necessary to serve you in view of our legitimate business purposes as set out above. Please understand, however, that no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Site or providing information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. We may post a notice via our Site if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
DO WE USE ‘COOKIES’?
- Facebook Analytics. We also use Facebook Analytics to measure your use of our Site, tailor our Site to your interests, and improve our products and services. Please note, Facebook can connect this data with your Facebook account and use it for its own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Policy which can be found at Facebook.com/about/privacy. Please click here if you would like to withdraw your consent.
SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
We are a service provider to our Clients and process personally identifiable information on our Clients’ behalf. Outside of our role as a service provider, we do not transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include our own service providers such as website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
FORUMS, CHAT ROOMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any chat room, forum or other public posting area is available to others. Additionally, some of our Client’s campaigns may make some of their End Users’ information public. If you don’t want people to know your email address, for example, don’t include it in any message that will be posted publicly. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS, AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide our services and to comply with our accounting and legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
HOW DOES OUR SITE HANDLE DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS?
The “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) privacy preference is an option that may be made in some web browsers allowing you to opt-out of tracking by websites and online services. At this time, global standard DNT technology is not yet finalized and not all browsers support DNT. We therefore do not recognize DNT signals and do not respond to them.
The Site is not intended for use by persons under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from visitors under the age of 13 and, in the event that we learn that a person under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete such personally identifiable information.